You may choose one of the following methods to submit the application form:
a) Online registration: https://register.ntdtv.com/piano/index.php?language=English
b) Email the registration package to email@example.com
c) Mail the registration package to: 229 W. 28th St., 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA
d) Fax: 1-212-918-3479
An application is only considered valid when all required application information and the application fee are submitted.
Q. Why there are two deadlines for application?
We encourage applicants to apply as early as they can. If an applicant completes the application process prior to the first deadline of May 15th, 2016, then even if he/she is not chosen by the audition jury for the first deadline as a contestant qualified for live rounds of competition in New York, his/her application package will be passed on to the jury for the July 31st, 2016, deadline, therefore, he/she will have another chance to be selected.
Therefore, if an applicant missed the first deadline of May 15th, 2016, then he/she simply needs to make sure to submit the completed application package by the July 31st, 2016, deadline.
Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain a visa to come to the live competition rounds in New York. If your country has a long U.S. visa process time, please indicate that process time specifically in your application package. The competition organizing committee will try its best to process your application to fit your visa application timeline.
Q: I have questions regarding this competition. To whom do I direct these questions?
You can always contact the competition committee by Telephone: 1-646-736-2988 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Is there an age limit?
All pianists age 16 to 48, with one of the following qualifications, are eligible:
– Concert artist
– Professional performer
– Piano educator
– Current student or alumnae of a music institute
Q: Who will be doing the judging for this competition?
1) For the audition process, the juries are composed of professional pianists invited by the competition organizing committee.
2) For the live competition rounds in New York City, none of the juries will be teachers or relatives of the qualified contestants.
Q: How much is the application fee?
1) In general, a nonrefundable fee of $150.00 USD shall apply.
2) The competition has received sponsorship for the following countries:
Argentina, Armenia, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Russia, Ukraine, and Venezuela.
The application fee for applicants whose nationality and current residence are both in the above countries will be $50.00 USD.
Q: Will the Competition Organizing Committee help arrange airline tickets to New York and accommodations / practice sites during the live rounds of the competition?
The Competition Organizing Committee proudly announces that sponsorship has been received to cover the airfare of qualified contestants for the live rounds of the competition. The sponsorship is available for those who need to travel from outside of United States or locations within the United States that are generally not feasibly reachable without air travel. The booking procedure is as follows:
1) After the applicant received the qualification notification, he/she needs to immediately notify the Competition Organizing Committee whether airline tickets to metro New York area are needed and the dates of said travel. The contestant should also identify the major international airport(s) of the flight origin.
2) The Competition Organizing Committee will recommend a flight based on the information the contestant provides along with the price of immediate booking of the flight. This price (up to US$600) will be used as the upper limit to reimburse air travel for the contestant. The contestant can choose either the flight selected for him/her, or select his/her own flight.
3) The contestant shall book the airline tickets and retain the receipt, and submit the receipt to the competition staff during the orientation on September 29, 2016. The amount on the receipt, up to the upper limit set above, will be reimbursed to the contestant.
The Competition Organizing Committee will recommend New York hotels and practice facilities to all qualified live-round competition contestants. Any sponsorship to the contestants for lodging and practice facilities will also be announced in this section of the FAQ.
Q: When will I be notified about the results of the audition round?
After the audition evaluation, the Organization Committee will mail invitations to all contestants qualified for the live rounds of competition in the United States. The invitations will enable the contestants to apply for visas to the United States.
If you submit your application by May 15, 2016, you may receive invitation for the live rounds by July 15, 2016 if the audition jury for the early bird applicants qualifies you. You may also receive the invitation by August 30, 2016.
If you submit your application after May 15,2016 but on or before July 31, 2016, you may receive invitation for the live rounds by August 30, 2016.
Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain a visa to come to the live competition rounds in New York. If your country has a long U.S. visa process time, please indicate that process time specifically when you submit your application. The competition organizing committee will try its best to process your application to fit your visa application timeline.
Q: Who chooses the winners?
The Live Competition Jury Panel for the NTD International Piano Competition will be composed of professional veteran pianists and piano educators. They will be solely responsible for judging the contestants’ performances during the live rounds of the competition and select the winners. The decisions of the jury panel for all rounds shall be final.